A wounded deer leaps highest,
I’ve heard the hunter tell;
‘T is but the ecstasy of death,
And then the brake is still.
The smitten rock that gushes,
The trampled steel that springs;
A cheek is always redder
Just where the hectic stings!
Mirth is the mail of anguish,
In which it cautions arm,
Lest anybody spy the blood
And “You’re hurt” exclaim!
Potrebbero interessarti anche questi articoli:
- Adventures of Lightfoot the Deer (Version 2), The by…
- Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, The by ZAYAS, Marius…
- Edmund Dulac’s Fairy Tale Book by DULAC, Edmund
- War the Creator by BURGESS, Frank Gelett
- Pierrot, Dog Of Belgium by DYER, Walter Alden
- Rock Frog, The by CHEEVER, Harriet Anna
- John Keats – Calidore – A Fragment
- Currer Bell – Pilate’s Wife Dream
- Emily Brontë by ROBINSON, Agnes Mary Frances
- History of the Thirty Years War, Volume 4 by SCHILLER,…
- Jerusalem to Revelations – A Quartet of Spiritual…
- Currer Bell – Mementos
- Rowdy of the Cross L by BOWER, B. M.
- Christmas Under Three Flags by WILCOX, Mary Emily Donelson
- Oscar Wilde – Le Panneau
- Oscar Wilde – In the forest
- Unto Caesar by ORCZY, Baroness
- Poetry of Thomas Moore by MOORE, Thomas
- Oscar Wilde – The Ballad or Reading Gaol
- Hooded Detective: 6 Action Packed Pulp Detective Stories by…
- Canadian Summer Evening, A by LEPROHON, Rosanna Eleanor
- Boy Scouts in Russia, The by GOODWIN, Harold L.
- Poems & Parodies by KETTLE, Tom
- English Fairy Tales by STEEL, Flora Annie
- Betty Baird’s Golden Year by WEIKEL, Anna Hamlin
- Oscar Wilde – La mer
- Mountaineering in the Sierra Nevada by KING, Clarence
- Tales from the Works of G.A.Henty by HENTY, G. A.
- Egregious English, The by CROSLAND, T. W. H.
- Gutenberg and the Art of Printing by PEARSON, Emily Clemens
- History of Genghis Khan, The by ABBOTT, Jacob
- Walt Whitman – Song of the Broad-Axe
- Oscar Wilde – Humanitad
- Crime and Punishment (Version 3) by DOSTOYEVSKY, Fyodor
- Complete Poems of Francis Ledwidge, The by LEDWIDGE, Francis
- Smoke Eaters, The by O’HIGGINS, Harvey Jerrold
- Adventures of Tommy Postoffice, the True Story of a Cat, The
- Carpenter’s geographical reader: South America by…
- John Keats – To some ladies
- Lady Byron Vindicated by STOWE, Harriet Beecher
- William Wordsworth – The Female Vagrant
- Second Mrs. Tanqueray, The by PINERO, Arthur Wing
- Coin Of Edward VII, A by HUME, Fergus
- Doors of the Night by PACKARD, Frank L.
- Cupid’s Cyclopedia by HERFORD, Oliver and CLAY, John…
- Oscar Wilde – ON THE MASSACRE OF THE CHRISTIANS IN…
- Tales of Laughter by WIGGIN, Kate Douglas and SMITH, Nora…
- Life of Charles Dickens by MARZIALS, Sir Frank T.
- James Joyce – Eveline
- Lady of the North Star, The by BINNS, Ottwell