Maurizio de Giovanni (born March 31, 1958 in Napoli) is an Italian author of Giallo novels.
Maurizio de Giovanni was born in Naples in 1958; he spent the majority of his life living and working there. In 2005 he decided to join a Porsche Italia competition reserved for giallo novelists, and that’s where he came up with the character of Commissario Ricciardi, main protagonist of his first short story, “I vivi e I morti”. This was the start of his career as a writer. Subsequently, “I Vivi e i morti” served as an inspiration for “Le lacrime del pagliaccio” (later re-published as “I will have vengeance – The winter of commissario Ricciardi”), edited by Graus Editore.
With the publishing of this very novel, the chronicles of Commissario Ricciardi had officially begun.
In 2007 Fandango published “I will have vengeance – The winter of commissario Ricciardi”, his first work inspired to the 4 seasons of the year. Following this, in 2008,”Blood curse – The springtime of commissario Ricciardi” was released. In 2009 it was time for “Everyone in their place – The summer of commissario Ricciardi” and finally, in 2010, “The day of the dead – The autumn of commissario Ricciardi” made his appearance in the bookstores. He started to gain a wider audience and made a name for himself because of this series
In 2011 he had his first book published by Einaudi, “By my hand – A commissario Ricciardi mystery”.
In 2012 he went down the path of the noir genre and he managed to come up with a book titled “The Crocodile”, that marked the first appearance on the scenes of the new main character of his novels, Ispettore Lojacono.
In the same year, together with Einaudi, he published the pocket version of the seasons’ novels and the brand new “Viper – A commissario Ricciardi mystery”.
In 2013 he’s back on the scenes with “The Bastards of Pizzofalcone”, inspired by the 87th Precinct series from Ed McBain. This marked his transition from the noir genre to the police procedural. Shortly after he wrote “Darkness for the Bastards of Pizzofalcone”. These novels will be transformed into a TV show.
In the same month when he completed “Darkness”, his short story “Un giorno di Settembre a Natale”, contained in the anthology “Regalo di Natale”, was published by the editor Sellerio.
2014 was a very prolific year for Maurizio. Not only 15 of his best noir stories were released in the anthology called “Mani insanguinate”, he also had two new novels published, “Bottom of your heart” (by Einaudi) and “Gelo per i bastardi di Pizzofalcone”.
In 2015 “Glass souls”,the 8th installment in the Ricciardi’s series, was released. In the same year, he appeared at an event at the Italian Cultural Institute in Edinburgh, in conversation with academic Raffaella Ocone discussing the success of the detective story.
In 2016 he had both “Serenata senza nome. Notturno per il commissario Ricciardi. and “Pane per i Bastardi di Pizzofalcone” published.
The majority of his works are currently translated into the following languages: English, Spanish, Catalan, French and German.
Commissario Ricciardi’s series
- 2006 – Le lacrime del pagliaccio, Graus Editore; re-published in 2007, by Fandango, as I will have vengeance – The winter of commissario Ricciardi.
- 2008 – Blood curse – The springtime of commissario Ricciardi, Fandango
- 2009 – Everyone in their place – The summer of commissario Ricciardi, Fandango
- 2010 – The day of the dead – The autumn of commissario Ricciardi, Fandango
- 2011 – By my hand, A commissario Ricciardi mystery, Einaudi
- 2012 – L’omicidio Carosino. Le prime indagini del commissario Ricciardi, Cento Autori
- 2012 – Viper, a commissario Ricciardi mystery, Einaudi
- 2014 – Febbre (racconto contenuto nell’antologia Giochi criminali, Einaudi)
- 2014 – Bottom of your heart. Inferno for commissario Ricciardi, Einaudi
- 2015 – Glass Souls, Einaudi
- 2016 – Nameless Serenade. A commissario Ricciardi mystery, Einaudi
- 2017 – Rondini d’inverno. Sipario per il commissario Ricciardi, Einaudi
- 2018 – Il purgatorio dell’angelo. Confessioni per il commissario Ricciardi, Einaudi
Ispettore Lojacono’s series
- 2012 – The Crocodile, Mondadori
- 2013 – The bastards of Pizzofalcone, Einaudi
- 2013 – Darkness for the bastards of Pizzofalcone, Einaudi
- 2014 – Gelo per i bastardi di Pizzofalcone, Einaudi
- 2015 – Cuccioli per i bastardi di Pizzofalcone, Einaudi
- 2016 – Pane per i bastardi di Pizzofalcone, Einaudi
Articles and short stories about sports
- 2008 – Juve-Napoli 1-3 – la presa di Torino, Cento Autori
- 2009 – Ti racconto il 10 maggio, Cento Autori
- 2010 – Miracolo a Torino – Juve Napoli 2-3, Cento Autori
- 2010 – Storie azzurre, Cento Autori (antologia di racconti)
- 2010 – Maradona meglio ‘e Pel (short article contained in “Per segnare bisogna tirare in porta”, Spartaco)
- 2014 – La partita di pallone – Storie di calcio, Sellerio editore (anthology)
- 2015 – Il resto della settimana, Rizzoli
- 2005 – Il maschio dominante, Graus & Boniello
- 2007 – Le beffe della cena ovvero piccolo manuale dell’intrattenimento in piedi, Kairs
- 2010 – L’ombra nello specchio, Kairs
- 2010 – Mammarella, Cagliostro ePress
- 2011 – Scusi, un ricordo del terremoto dell’ottanta? (short story contained in the anthology Trema la terra, Neo edizioni e Una lunga notte, Cento Autori)
- 2012 – Gli altri fantasmi, Spartaco
- 2012 – Respirando in discesa, Senza Patria
- 2012 – Per amore di Nami, Zefiro
- 2013 – Gli altri, Tunu (comic book derived from Gli altri fantasmi)
- 2013 – Un giorno di Settembre a Natale (racconto contenuto nell’antologia Regalo di Natale, Sellerio editore)
- 2013 – Il tappo del 128 (racconto contenuto nell’antologia Racconti in sala d’attesa, Carac)
- 2014 – Le mani insanguinate, Cento Autori (anthology)
- 2014 – Verit imperfette, Del Vecchio Editore (co-written with other authors)
- 2015 – Ti voglio bene in Roberto Colonna (a cura di), Il fantastico. Tradizioni a confronto, Salerno, Edizioni Arcoiris, 2014
- 2015 – Istantanee in “Nessuno ci ridurr al silenzio” (a cura di Maurizio de Giovanni), Cento Autori (anthology)
- 2015- Una mano sul volto, Ed. Ad est dell’equatore (contained in an anthology against the violence on women)
- 2015 – La Solitudine dell’anima, Cento Autori (anthology)
- 2015 – Qualcuno vol sul nido del cuculo,directed by Alessandro Gassmann
- 2017 – I Bastardi di Pizzofalcone, TV show, directed by Carlo Carlei.
Potrebbero interessarti anche questi articoli:
- Rameau's Nephew by Diderot, Denis
- Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1907-1908 by…
- Heart of Darkness (version 2) by Conrad, Joseph
- בגנים In the Gardens by אורי ניסן גנסין Gnessin, Uri Nissan
- Chance by Conrad, Joseph
- Alan Bradley (writer)
- אצל Etsel by אורי ניסן גנסין Gnessin, Uri Nissan
- Uncommercial Traveller, The by Dickens, Charles
- Andrea Camilleri
- Three Essays on Religion by Mill, John Stuart
- O. Henry - Cabbages and Kings
- Edgar Allan Poe - Review of "The Betrothed Lovers"
- Mr. Standfast by Buchan, John
- Charles Darwin: His Life in an Autobiographical…
- Rudyard Kipling - American Notes
- Manuel Acuña Narro - Nocturno a Rosario - Audiobook
- Toys of Peace, The by Saki, Munro, Hector Hugh
- Stolen White Elephant, The (Version 2) by Twain, Mark
- Hot Wind (热风) by Lu, Xun
- Windsor Castle, Book 1 by Ainsworth, William Harrison
- Frank Harris
- Fortnightly Review
- Year With the Saints, A by Anonymous
- Emily Dickinson - Success
- Conjure Woman, The by Chesnutt, Charles Waddell
- Song (Seward version) by Seward, Anna
- Maurizio Bolognetti - Le mani nel petrolio.…
- Holy Bible - King James Version - Genesis 1
- Eric Clapton
- Il violoncello e la rivoluzione - Musica per Diderot…
- Monsieur Lecoq Part 2: The Honor of the Name by…
- Lucy Maud Montgomery
- AAVV - Racconti Ecuadoriani
- Mark Twain - The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn
- Narrative of Sojourner Truth, The by Truth,…
- Sketch Book of Geoffrey Crayon, Gent. The by Irving,…
- Charles Dickens 200th Anniversary Collection Vol. 2…
- Walt Whitman - A Happy Hour's Command
- Doris Lessing
- A Classified Catalogue of Selected Works Published…
- Daniel DeFoe - The Apparition of Mrs Veal
- Arto Paasilinna
- George Eliot
- Oscar Wilde - Keats Sonnet on Blue
- AAVV - Dieci racconti in noir
- Wuthering Heights
- Karl Marx - Wage-Labour and Capital - Translated by…
- Oscar Wilde - Printing and Printers
- Mark Twain - A Double Barreled Detective Story